RE: server side tools...

Subject: RE: server side tools...
From: James Robertson <jamesr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:15:41 +1000
At 11:11 3/06/1999 , Shalperin wrote:

> [...]

Now I'm no Java fanatic (I've avoided using it at all until
very recently).

But I would ask: why C++ instead of Java?

Since cross-platform compatability using a single
code-base is one of your key requirements, I would
have thought that Java would've been a fairly
obvious choice ...

(I don't tend to get excited about Java on
a single platform; much less compelling.)

On the face of it, servlets look very simple
to get up and running. Java shouldn't be a big
leap for competant C++ programs. The XML stuff
will be fiddly, but that'll be true regardless
of the development environment.

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd
SGML, XML & HTML Consultancy