RE: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: RE: XSLT vs JSP
From: Samuel Yang <syang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 20:06:54 -0700
Being considered for Phase 2 of JavaSoft's "XML Standard Extension" (aka
"ProjectX") is "pre/post filtering XSL/XSLT support".  The intention seems
to be that the XSL/XSLT support will be accessed through JSP.

In fact, ProjectX has VERY ambitious plans for making the use of XML data
virtually transparent to Java applications, and they all seem to center on
using JSP.

The following JavaOne slides (in PDF format) provide a peek at what's being
planned for the XML Standard Extension:

http://industry.java.sun.com/javaone/99/pdfs/e662.pdf

Sam