RE: XSL controversy

Subject: RE: XSL controversy
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 09:35:43 -0400
Hi Sebastian,

Sean Mc Grath said:
 > 1) The Irish Parliamentary Debate record is 3.5 GB of XML. We publish
 > this to HTML and Folio Views. Part of the publishing process is to
 > take each speakers name, pass it through a normalizer and look up
 > the speakers C.V. in a MySQL database. The C.V. details become part
 > of the generated HTML/FOLIO. The original XML is never changes
 > because it is quasi-legal material.

Sebastian said:
this is a good example. you wouldn't do this today in XSL, but what
about it could not be expressed in the syntax? If this was all in an
Oracle context, you might well use "id(@name)" to get the speaker CV,
and have Oracle worry about how to get hold of it.

Didier says:
Sebastian I would interested to know how you can do that with Both XSL and
Oracle tools (actuals not planed). Be specific on which XSL software version
and which Oracle software version and name. Thanks.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com