Using the disable-output-escaping attribute

Subject: Using the disable-output-escaping attribute
From: "Chuck White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:22:42 -0700
I doubt if anyone else on the list cares, but the disable-output-escaping
attribute is a savior for producing newspaper classified markup (a lot of
newspaper typesetting systems use < and >). I asked if this was possible
before the latest draft was released, and I got the anwser I thought I would
("no"). There must have been enough other people looking at ways to do this
kind of thing:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;</xsl:text>

Since this is the final call on the spec, I sure hope it remains! Thanks to
James Clark, I was able to test this in XT, and it worked!

Chuck White
Creative Director
ADVANCE Recruitment Advertising, Inc.
chuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx