Re: Using Entity References in XSL Templates

Subject: Re: Using Entity References in XSL Templates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:23:48 GMT
> But then the stylesheet processor resolves the entity reference,

No, it never sees the reference, the XML parser it uses to read the
stylesheet will have expanded it before the XSL system gets the sheet.
That is what XML parsers are supposed to do.

> I want the entity reference to be *passed through*
> to the output, which I can't seem to do.

You can't.

What you can do is ask that character 160 (whether input as
character data, or &#160; or &nbsp;) is output as  &nbsp;
most likely the html output method will do this for you.

If you are using the XML output method there is _no_ reason why you
should want an entity refererence rather than the character, any XML
system will treat them identically if nbsp is defined to be a reference
to character 160.

David