RE: possible to mimic while-like behavior?

Subject: RE: possible to mimic while-like behavior?
From: "Carole E. Mah" <carole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 17:23:48 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 16 Mar 2000 sara.mitchell@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> If what you want is "do blah until you find the first foo where not bar"
> there is probably a way to do that also, but I'll leave that to the
> more knowledgable and more gifted to fill in.

Mea culpa!

This is actually what I am trying to do, and what I think the others'
solutions (Arnold, Mike) have not actually addressed (except for David's
suggestion to use saxon extensions). I do not attribute this to their lack
of knowledge, but rather to my not having exactly articulated what I need
to do -- thanks for doing so, Sara.

Arnold, Mike: if your solutions(s) DO in fact address "do blah
until you find the first foo where not bar" let me know -- I don't see how
they might do so.

David, I think you are correct that the saxon:while construct will do the
trick, but I would prefer a more global solution that does not require
that I use saxon. (However, this does validate my gut instinct to prefer
saxon over the other processors).

thanks,
-carole
Carole E. Mah                Carole_Mah@xxxxxxxxx
         Senior Programmer/Analyst
  Brown University Scholarly Technology Group
            phn 401-863-2669
            fax 401-863-9313
         http://www.stg.brown.edu/
 personal: http://www.stg.brown.edu/~carolem/