RE: possible to mimic while-like behavior?

Subject: RE: possible to mimic while-like behavior?
From: crism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher R. Maden)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:35:49 -0800
[Carole Mah]
>Arnold, Mike: if your solutions(s) DO in fact address "do blah
>until you find the first foo where not bar" let me know -- I don't see how
>they might do so.

Thinking words like "while" and "until" will get you into trouble with
XSLT.  Try to rephrase the question: "do this if it's before the first foo
where not bar".  For example (I've lost the original question now), let's
say you have a list of <foo> siblings.  One of them has a bar attribute;
you only want the <foo>s before the first bar.

<xsl:apply-templates select="foo[following-siblings::*[@bar]]"/>

will only select the <foo>s who have a following sibling with a bar attribute.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Yomu (formerly Exemplary Technologies)