Re: Determining the set of attribute values

Subject: Re: Determining the set of attribute values
From: nigel.byrnes@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:45:24 +0100
David Carlise wrote:
>> <!-- Store the set of URLs in $urls -->
>> <x:variable name="urls" select="//a/@href[not(.=following::a/@href)]"/>
>> When I step through the variable however, it is clear that the
>> variable contents do not constitute a set.
> >

> If you use the select attribute as above the variable _does_ hold a node set.
>
> In what way were you `stepping through' it?

Should $urls be printed out with a for-each loop, then i get nodes with repeated values.

<x:for-each select="$urls">
 <x:value-of select="."/>
</x:for-each>

do you get the same behaviour? Could it be a querk of Xeena's XSLT engine?

Nigel

Nigel Byrnes, Philips Research
     Cross Oak Lane, Redhill. Surrey, RH1 5HA
Voice: +44 (0) 1293 815578
Fax: +44 (0) 1293 815500