Re: using default params?

Subject: Re: using default params?
From: Jens Lautenbacher <jtl@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Mar 2000 11:33:18 +0200
David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > What I'm looking for is something like being able to
>
> > <xsl:param name="a_name" select="eval(@a_name or 'default_value')"/>
>
> <xsl:param name="a_name">
>   <xsl:choose>
>    <xsl:when test="@a_name"><xsl:value-of select="@_name"/></xsl:when>
>    <xsl:otherwise>default</xsl:otherwise>
>   </xsl:choose>
> </xsl:param>
>
> does what you say you are looking for, but it's not what you want.

Indeed... but basically it's not what I want becuse of the fact that
in my real world case (not the stupid little example) I want to pass
upt to 7,8 parameters.... the syntax
choose-when-/when-otherwise-/otherwise-/choose is more than a little
bit stupid for this...

> what you want is

>   <xsl:if test="@col1"><xsl:value-of select="@col1"/></xsl:if>

this I don't understand. what if I want to do something like

> if your input attribute had had the same name as the result attribute
> it is simpler

>   <xsl:copy-of select="@bgcolor"/>

And I don't understand this, too :-(
why don't you need a test for existence in this example around the
xsl:copy-of ?

thank you very much so far,

        jtl