Re: Sibling text() Content Match [was: Re: expression value not a node set on content match]

Subject: Re: Sibling text() Content Match [was: Re: expression value not a node set on content match]
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 00:00:13 +0100 (BST)

> If I'm right, using text() would have alleviated some of the
> redundancy/lack of specificity that David pointed out in my solution, yes?

nope, if you change . to text() in your solution it won't work at all as
then you'll only be testing for character data of the record element
not any of its children or grandchildren but looking at your example
record doesn't have any character data (except white space nodes between
data-field elements)

Using = with contains isn't really redundant it's just weird.

David