Re: XLST Processors Performace

Subject: Re: XLST Processors Performace
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 00:18:01 +0100 (BST)
Carlos Sanchez writes:

 > Has anyone done benchmark performance testing of the different XSLT [java]
 > processors (XALAN, XT, Saxon, etc...) over "big" XML files? I imagine the
 > transformation time depends on the size of the source file and the
 > complexity of the XSL among others.

I keep trying to run benchmarks on a biggish XML file (3 mbytes,
making repeated lookups of a second 700k file), but
I can only get Saxon and XT to even finish the job. Oracle and Xalan
are close, but just not quite there yet (I am sure their next releases
will run my file).

whenever I run timings, there is no contest. XT always wins. But the
last Saxon release (5.3.1) is now sufficiently close to XT that I have
started to use it for all my work, since XT is incomplete.

obviously, the other XSLT processors (MS, Oracle C version, the
gingerall one), however laudable in some ways, simply lack all the
necessary language features.

Sebastian Rahtz