DTDs schemas and validation WAS RE: DTD Files !

Subject: DTDs schemas and validation WAS RE: DTD Files !
From: MarkH@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 11:34:20 +0100
I'm looking at the thorny issue of validation and what seems to be a
watershed in approaches between content-free DTDs which allow Mike to take
approach he likes, and content-including schemas, which by virtue of their
including things like default elements or attribute values, can prevent Mike
from reading content without also reading and using the validating schema.

I'm reviewing the state of play and then hope to open up a debate. I think
that it will be appropriate for this list because of the point that Mike
raises about doing validation within XSLT.

Mark