Re: feature request

Subject: Re: feature request
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 22:21:16 +0100 (BST)
Eric van der Vlist writes:
 > The problem comes when you use external entities as a way to write
 > modular XML files.

 > &chap1;
 > &chap2;
 > &chap3;
 > &appa;
 > &appb;

so better to write <link embed="yes" target="chap1.xml"/> (making up
markup as I go along), and not use entities. Then you can control the
expansion in XSL. There are other issues, worrying about searching
across the entire flattened tree, which will are amusing to consider,
of course. XSLT "node-set" extensions would come in handy there.

 > To workaround this, I have stopped using these kind of constructs to use
 > either the xt:document extension which is not portable.

as an aside, I think the extension is so fundamental, I have stopped
caring about whether its portable. I just won't use a processor which
does not have such an extension....

Sebastian