Re: Portal applications using XSL

Subject: Re: Portal applications using XSL
From: "Tangi Vass" <tangivass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 18:04:58 +0200
Hi,

I wrote a prototype of personnalized portal architecture using XML/XSLT.
The major issue here is performance.

This architecture uses an XSLT engine which handles pools of parser and
processor threads.
A caching system for HTML/WML results or XML/XSLT DOM trees has been
written. It can handle dependencies between the HTML result, XML source,
XSLT scripts (even xsl:import).
I patched XT to optimize it and to use the cache. I also wrote a
condense.xsl script to kick off whitespaces nodes from DOM trees before
putting them in the cache.

The XSLT engine should be live next week (in a major french portal).
Then I should have more information about the usability of XSLT in large
scale B2C systems.

Tangi Vass