XHTML to WML problem

Subject: XHTML to WML problem
From: Mark Lynch <Mark.Lynch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 11:08:36 +0100
Hi all,
I want to convert an XHTML document to WML and deliver it to a WAP device.
However there is a limitation on the amount of information that can be sent
down to the WAP device - on Nokia 7110 I thinks its about 1.4Kb. I use XSLT
to convert to WML. I then need to break down this file into 1.4Kb chunks.
Has anybody out there done anything like this?

Other factors to consider are:
1.WML is compiled to WMLC which also compresses the file to some degree
before sending it to the WAP device. Would you have to go back and forth to
the compiler to accurately divide up the file. What would the performance
issues be? Or should you simply not bother going to the compiler, and
'guess' the size from the original WML file.
2. How would you deal with WBMPs, how would you find out the size of these
graphics.

Any advise or tips would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks
Mark