Re: null pointer exception in Saxon

Subject: Re: null pointer exception in Saxon
From: "Dave Carlson" <dcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 08:20:27 -0600
Thanks for the additional investigation.  I realize that use of Hashtables
to store state information are opposed to the stateless nature of XSLT.  I'm
looking for a way to avoid their use in my stylesheet.

I'm writing an XSLT transformation that takes an XMI represenation of a UML
model as input, and produces a DTD for the corresponding document type.  I'm
about 60% there, but am working out the approach for "copy-down inheritance"
of superclass properties, and was using a hashtable to store prior entity
declarations.  I plan to announce availability of this stylesheet when I get
closer to a complete implementation.

Dave