Re: AS-IS Output in XSL

Subject: Re: AS-IS Output in XSL
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:57:51 -0600 (MDT)
> I want a non-closing tag to appear as follows:
>
> <!DOCTYPE something something_else_but_not_an_attribute blah blah>

A Document Type Declaration is a logical structure that is not accounted
for in the XSLT/XPath data model, and thus you can't create it in the
result result tree like you would an element. You can, however, use the
feature of XSLT that instructs the XSLT processor to emit a Document Type
Declaration ahead of the byte-serialized version of the result tree, when
the output method is "xml". This is documented in the Output section of
the XSLT 1.0 Recommendation.

   - Mike