Re: AS-IS Output in XSL

Subject: Re: AS-IS Output in XSL
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:25:47 -0600 (MDT)
> Secondly, there is no clean way of outputting a document type declaration
> from an XSLT stylesheet.

Er, what about the doctype-system or doctype-public attributes on
xsl:output? A bit limited (can't produce an internal DTD subset), but
still useful.

> There is a dirty way of doing it, use
>
> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> <[CDATA[<!DOCTYPE thing thing>]]>
> </xsl:text>

This doesn't seem reasonable because then you are putting a text node
before the document element, which would not be serializable as a
well-formed XML document, even though an XSLT processor may not complain
about it.

Or am I missing something?

   - Mike