RE: differentiation between text() and entities???

Subject: RE: differentiation between text() and entities???
From: zuzmi@xxxxxxxxxxx (Z. Uzmi)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:09:22 -0700
I tried using DOM instead of DTM but now the entities are just eliminated.
For example,

If the input contains "some text©other text"

then I ONLY get "some textother text" as the output?

Any workaround to get "some text©other text" as the output???

Interestingly and surprisingly, if I match on html tag and write html tag to
the output, I get the desired result but I really don't want to write the
output enclosed between <html> and </html>. I am unable to get a good
explanation of this behavior.

Example (note: input file is html):
==================================
Following works for me.
<xsl:template match="html">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

But the following does not.
<xsl:template match="html">
<some_other_tag>
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</some_other_tag>
</xsl:template>

in either case, i am doing <xsl:value-of select="text()"/> to display the
text. In the first case I get "some text&copy;other text" while in the
latter case I get "some textother text".

How does the processor know what is going to be at the output?????

thanks,
zartash