Re: Dynamic conversion from XML to HTML & WML

Subject: Re: Dynamic conversion from XML to HTML & WML
From: Daniel Hinz <daniel.hinz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:28:17 +0200
Vinay Jaiswal wrote:
>  I have written stylesheets for creating WML & HTML files statically from XML using XT. WML files
>  can be directly displayed by microbrowser (Nokia Wap Toolkit) and HTML files can be
>  displayed by any browser. Now, I am working on dynamic conversion of HTML and WML from
>  XML depending upon the browser. I need to host only one XML page on server and it can be
>  browsed by any browser or microbrowser.
>
>  I would like to know how you are doing and welcome your suggestions in this regard.

Evaluate the Browsername in the HTTP Request. Use the appropriate
Stylesheet for the given Browser and you're fine.

Note, that in this way you can also optimize content presentation for
all the different WAP phones out there by using different Stylesheets
for different phones.

The usal way to go is one Stylesheet per phone. It's even worse than one
Stylesheet for Netscape and Internet Explorer when using XHTML.

Regards,

Daniel Hinz

--
Daniel Hinz - XML Evangelist and Software Developer
Higher-Order AG