Re: My favourite XSLT enhancement requests

Subject: Re: My favourite XSLT enhancement requests
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:23:41 GMT
>  To let alone peanuts like the
> "formfeed" problem of 13-Sep,

That isn't a restriction in XSLT (much) it is a restriction in XML,
formfeed is not an XML character.

> the category of transformations that require
> splitting of the arbitrary node set into (potentially nested) groups

the insight of using keys for this has made this area a lot less
troublesome (and use of xt a lot less attractive:-) but I agree no one
would argue that any of the methods in XSLT 1.0 is exactly intuitive.

> As I understand, the
> "XSLT Transformations Requirements Version 1.1" does not even address
> this issue ...

but there's always 2.0 to look forward to.

David