RE: [xsl] XML to RTF with XSL?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML to RTF with XSL?
From: "Chris Bayes" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:32:13 -0000
>May be a daft idea, but doesn't the new MS word use a bastardised XML
>format in Word2K? If this could be generated as output, it would make
>a slick import into Word? Accepting of course that it will change with
>each new release of Word... maybe not what is wanted.
>
>DaveP

If you have word available then I've found the best thing to do is generate
HTML, import that into word and saveAs to any of the 20-30 or so formats
that word supports. Have a look in my UTILITIES section for the HTML to DOC
commandline utility
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml/index.xml?/xml/utils/htmltodoc.xml
Run it like this
cscript htmlTOdoc.js htmlfile outfile {fileFormat}
or for RTF output
cscript htmlTOdoc.js htmlfile.htm outfile.rtf
it uses either the extension of the outfile to decide what to output or the
fileFormat can specify one of the following although this changes from
system to system so you have to experiment
1 Text with Layout ans
2  MS-DOS Text with Layout asc
3  WordPerfect 5.x for Windows doc
4  WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS doc
5  WordPerfect 5.0 doc
6  WordPerfect 5.0 Secondary File doc
7  WordPerfect 5.1 or 5.2 Secondary File doc
8  Word 5.1 for Macintosh mcw
9  Word 5.0 for Macintosh mcw
10  Word 4.0 for Macintosh mcw
11  Word 97 & 6.0/95 Vietnamese Converter RTF
12  Word 97 & 6.0/95 Thai Converter RTF
13  Word 97-2000 & 6.0/95 - RTF doc
14  Word 6.0/95 doc
15  Word 2.x for Windows doc
16  Works 4.0 for Windows wps
17  Recover Text from Any File *
18  Lotus 1-2-3 wk1 wk3 wk4
19  Microsoft Excel Worksheet xls xlw
20  Word 4.0 - 5.1 for Macintosh mcw
21  WordPerfect 6.x wpd doc
22  WordPerfect 5.x doc
23  Schedule+ Contacts scd
24  Outlook Address Book olk
25  Personal Address Book pab
26  Works for Windows 3.0 wps
27  Word 5.x for Macintosh (SweetJAM) mcw

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml