Re: [xsl] Xalan C++ and string literals in ATTLISTs

Subject: Re: [xsl] Xalan C++ and string literals in ATTLISTs
From: David_N_Bertoni@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 22:35:57 -0500
On 01/13/01, Michael Beddow <mbnospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone here using the latest C++ version of Xalan on Linux?

Yup.

> For me it's giving a fatal error on any DTD where an ATTLIST
> contains a string literal. The exact error point reported is the
> linefeed character after the closing angle bracket of the
> ATTLIST definition, no matter where in the list the string
> literal comes.

This is a known bug with Xerces-C parser.  You'll need to download a recent
build from xml.apache.org.  You may also need to rebuild Xalan with the
latest sources.  For the latest build, see:

   http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-c/nightly/2001-01-11/

> Same files work fine with the Java version.

It's a C++-specific bug.

> I've searched the xalan-c and xerces-c dev archives but no mention
> of this. I know I should really post to one of those lists, but
> before I put my head over that parapet, I thought I'd check
> here, since it seems more likely that I'm doing
> something strange than that such a huge bug could have
> gone unnoticed.

This is the #1 or #2 bug reported on both the Xerces and Xalan dev lists.
I'm surprised nothing turned up in the archives.

Dave