RE: [xsl] Finding another element with the same name as the current node

Subject: RE: [xsl] Finding another element with the same name as the current node
From: "Michael Kay" <mhkay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:54:14 -0000
> When you use name() without any arguments, it gives you the name
> (technically the 'expanded name') of the *context node*.

Ooh, a rare mistake from Jeni, I can't resist leaping in with a correction!

name() returns a QName for the node, not an expanded name. An expanded name
consists of a (namespace URI, local name) pair, and there is no defined way
of expressing an expanded name as a string. A QName has the form
[prefix:]local-name; the prefix will be one that corresponds to the
namespace URI, which usually means it will be the same prefix as you used in
your source document.

Mike Kay