Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] International Characters in attributes
From: lachance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Francois Lachance)
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:43:29 -0500 (EST)
Michael,

In your pragmatic approach to the tech lag:

> But of course, you could say that I'm removing the incentive to get
> proper browsers on to desktops. I suppose it's my long disillusioning
> experience of IT policies in the University sector that makes me say
> that if a boxful of free, wholly standards-compliant and bugless XML
> browsers were delivered to every University in the world tomorrow, in
> 5 years time they would still be having committee meetings to decide
> whether to open the box with scissors or a knife.

do you create XSLT stylesheets that not only deliver material suitable for
rendering on early model browsers but also embed a message suggesting
users might wish to update their browser?

I did smile when I imagined any committee, academic or otherwise, trying
to decide how to open a box for software that can and is shipped without
boxes over a network. :)

--
Francois Lachance, Scholar-at-large
	 http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~lachance