Re: [xsl] Re: FXPath - A comment on EXSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: FXPath - A comment on EXSL
From: Jeni Tennison <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 09:35:42 +0000
Hi David,

>> So if I want to test whether I have both 'if' and 'then' child
>> elements of the context node, I have to do:
>>
>>   (if) and (then)
>>
>> so that the parser doesn't raise an error.
>>
>> Right?
>
> Yes, but the following would also be correct
>
> (if) and then

Fair enough.

I must say that personally I find that a bit counter-intuitive.  I'm
used to using brackets to disambiguate expressions where the
precedence of different parts of the expression wasn't clear, but not
to instruct the parser about the correct way to interpret an
expression that, as a whole, can only be of a single type.

Count this as a vote to use a # as the first character of keywords.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison