Re: [xsl] variables and calling templates

Subject: Re: [xsl] variables and calling templates
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 09:37:34 +0100
> What is the scope of the $element I created,

the element surrounding the xsl:variable declaration. (The for-each in
your example)

> and how can I use the $element in the "foobar" template?
xsl templates do not cause side effects like changing the values of
variables. If you need to pass a parameter to amother template, declare
it as a parameter of that template with xsl:param, and pass the template
using xsl:with param when you call the template.

David