Re: Schemas in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] keys and idrefs - XSLT2 request?)

Subject: Re: Schemas in XSLT 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] keys and idrefs - XSLT2 request?)
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:38:36 +0100
Chris,

> Ok but do we want to wait another year for things that were on the
> brink of being delivered back in April?

I think that imagining that XSLT 1.1 was just about complete is
re-writing history a bit - I seem to remember a *massive* debate here
about xsl:script, what it did and what it should do. If everything in
XSLT 1.1 had been cut-and-dried, I doubt the XSL WG would have chosen
to put it on hold.

What's strange is that most of the impact of supporting XML Schema is
primarily on *XPath* 2.0 rather than *XSLT* 2.0, so if XML Schema
support is the only thing holding things up then why haven't we seen
an XSLT WD yet?

Perhaps they're putting it off until after XSL reaches Rec or are
planning to bring it out to coincide with XSLT's 2nd birthday :)

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison
http://www.jenitennison.com/