Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT Date

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT Date
From: Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:43:52 +0200
Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
> I agree about the potential for disappointment, but perhaps this is best
> handled as an expectation management problem? Use this as a target
> spec., and make sure potential users realise that they will have to
> provide or use their own localization (of course, that's "localisation"
> for my fellow Brits) routines.

I don't quite understand this.
What i meant was: People have a tendency to put "17. Juni 2001" into
their XML and expect the XSL (XPath) processor to deal with it. People
tend to avoid reading specs about stuff they think they already know.
>From my experience ISO 8601 doesn't seem to be as widely known as i like,
so there will probably be some moans when they discover that they have to
use it.

Regards
J.Pietschmann