Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT Date

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: XSLT Date
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:22:25 +0100
Hi Joerg,

Joerg Pietschmann wrote:

> I don't quite understand this.
> What i meant was: People have a tendency to put "17. Juni 2001" into
> their XML and expect the XSL (XPath) processor to deal with it. People
> tend to avoid reading specs about stuff they think they already know.
> >From my experience ISO 8601 doesn't seem to be as widely known as i like,
> so there will probably be some moans when they discover that they have to
> use it.

Yes, but if we describe it as "XPath 2.0 accepts understands dates in a
system format" then we run less risk of the moans.

Basically I'm trying to say that I think there is a reasonably
implementable spec that is worth doing, moans and all. Do you think it
would be worth doing this subset or that only something with full
localisation should be done? Or that full localisation is impossible,
and we shouldn't attempt it all?

Francis.