Re: [xsl] maths operations with xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] maths operations with xslt
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 15:38:23 +0200
Juan Perez wrote:

hi,

given this numeric value got from the xml file,

<xsl:value-of select="//Population_infos/Population_info[0]/Population"/>
(this data is well seen in the display)

I want to operate it, for example, adding 5 or

<xsl:value-of
select="//Population_infos/Population_info[0]/Population+//Population_infos/
Population_info[1]/Population"/>

to have the sum of this two numbers.

The error message I receive is the next one:

Expected token 'eof' found '+'.
//Population_infos/Population_info[0]/Population-->+<--//Population_infos/Po
pulation_info[0]/Population

Does anybody know how to solve this matter?
That's valid XPath expression, and it's okay for msxml and saxon.

What processor are you talking about? Probably XPath parser in your processor is broken,

try to add some whitespace before and after + sign.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel