Re: [xsl] XSL/FOP: Implementing a counter with a recursive routine

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL/FOP: Implementing a counter with a recursive routine
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:22:24 GMT
> If I put a <xsl:value-of select="header"> in before the <xsl:with-param
> name="string" select="comment"/>

You should get nothing at all in tha case, as it is a syntax error, you
can't have value-of inside a call-template. What processor are you
using?

> Add a 1 to the header count
I'm not sure what you mean here, you can't add one to anything in xslt.
You just want to test if you are on the first header don't you?

> If there is another, easier way to suppress the unwanted line feed
> without this alternative, I would be glad to hear it.

Apart from anything else, why do you care? The default settings of
fo:block mean that a linebreak in the fo file is equivalent to a space.

David