Re: [xsl] XSL/FOP:Implementing a counter within a recursive routine

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL/FOP:Implementing a counter within a recursive routine
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:27:51 +0000
Hi Rachael,

I don't know where the extra line feed is coming from, but it sounds
as if it's from the source XML? If so, then you should try using
normalize-space() to prevent it:

  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(header)" />
  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(comment)" />

You might want to add a space between them:

  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(header)" />
  <xsl:text> </xsl:text>
  <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space(comment)" />

I might be missing something as I'm not sure why you think a recursive
template with a counter would help, so if the above doesn't do what
you need it to, try sending some XML with some data in it (the input
that's giving you the problem), the stylesheet you're using, the
result that you're getting (the output that you don't want) and the
result that you want (the output that you do want) and we should be
able to come up with something.

Cheers,

Jeni

---