Re: [xsl] How to find out the context of the current node?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to find out the context of the current node?
From: Jörg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:17:42 +0100
Either two templates matching 'Actual/Medication' or 'History/Medication'

or asking for parent::Actual or parent::History.

Joerg

Marco Hoendervangers wrote:

Hi all,

See XML example. When I match an actual medication in my XSLT
script I want to perform a different action than when I find a history medication. So somehow I need to be able to know what the context
of the medication node is. In other words, when I've matched a medication
node I want to say something like:
if actual medication
do something
else
do something else
I know that I can use the xsl:if or xml:choose statement for this. What I don't know is how to find out in what context I am.

Can anybode help me with this one?

Thanks.
Marco

(XML example)
<Actual>
	<Medication>
		<Amount>100cl</Amount>
		<Usage>xxxxxx</Usage>
	</Medication>
</Actual>
<History>
	<Medication>
		<Amount>200cl</Amount>
		<Usage>zzzzzzzzzz</Usage>
	</Medication>
</History>

--

System Development
VIRBUS AG

News:
Cocoon-Premiere - Virbus AG setzt bei ShoppingMall-Plattform "Lofex"
auf neueste XML-basierende Technologie
http://www.virbus.de/de/press/pressemitteilung/20011123_lofex/index.html
http://www.lofex.de