Re: [xsl] msxml embedded link question

Subject: Re: [xsl] msxml embedded link question
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:14:30 +0000
Hi Andrew,

> I want to find out which version of the MSXML parser IE5.5 will use
> if an XML file is run with an embedded link to a stylesheet in it.
>
> IE5.5 comes with 2.5, but if v3 has been installed will it use this
> instead? Or will it only use v3 if it has been installed in replace
> mode? What is v4 is installed?

It will use MSXML2(.5) unless you install MSXML3 in replace mode. It
will only use MSXML3 if you install MSXML3 in replace mode. It will
not use MSXML4 unless you run the transformation from code using the
specific prog id.

> Normally I would use the specific prog id's, but in this particular
> case all the XML has embedded links... it appears to throw an error
> based on v3 parsing but allows xsl:eval.

Then it is using MSXML2 (and "the dialect known as XSL"), not MSXML3
(and XSLT).

Have a look at the MSXML FAQ at http://www.netcrucible.com/ for more
information.

Cheers,