Re: [xsl] Grouping conditions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping conditions
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 11:50:50 +0000
Hi Jeni,

Sorry for the confusion. XSLT 2.0 is just a Working Draft (the first
version of the Working Draft, what's more) at the moment. The only
processor that implements (some of) it is Saxon 7.0. I bring up
XPath/XSLT 2.0 solutions because I think that trying to use them to
answer questions is a good test of whether they fulfil people's
requirements.

I understand the reasoning for this, but I would think giving the solution _only_ in XPath/XSLT 2.0 would not be very informative for the person that posted the problem as he/she would not be able to implement it..?

As it stands, there are some things that are not completely backwards
compatible. There are lists at the ends of the Working Drafts - see
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#incompatibilities.

Well, given Michael Kay's answer on the availability of upgrading using Microsoft products, I will not read too much at the moment, perhaps but a glance.

Sincerly
Ragulf :)