RE: [xsl] how to select the same attribute form more elements?

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to select the same attribute form more elements?
From: Oliver Becker <obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:53:18 +0100 (MET)
> I dont think there is a single expression to return all the attributes.
>
> Also, /myxml/node/text() should return only 't1' (as it is the only text in
> the first node) and /myxml/node/@val should return the first attribute

No.
/myxml/node/text() as well as /myxml/node/@val select node-sets.

The effect you're describing is, that <xsl:value-of> outputs only the
first node (in document order) of a node-set.

<xsl:for-each select="/myxml/node/@val">
   <xsl:value-of select="." />
</xsl:for-each>

gives all attribute values.

(Unfortunately you can't use <xsl:copy-of> in this case, because then
the processor tries to copy attributes, not the string values of the
attributes ...)

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |