Re: evaluate() function in XPath 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] Lookup (?))

Subject: Re: evaluate() function in XPath 2.0 (Was: Re: [xsl] Lookup (?))
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:23:52 +0200
Curtis Burisch wrote:

Well said! However, I'm going to play the devil's advocate here. Would an 'evaluate' function have different capabilities depending on how it was implemented? Or would each implementation have the same feature-set?
What I am driving at is that it is possible that by standardizing the evaluate function, creativity and innovation may be stifled; however, if they will all do pretty much the same thing, just in a different way and with different syntax, then I'm all for standardizing it.

It's a job for exslt effort, I think.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel