Re: [xsl] speed of loading

Subject: Re: [xsl] speed of loading
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:43:23 +0200
Rosa Cheng wrote:
Can anyone please tell me why it takes a while for a transformed XML to load on the IE6 browser? (the browser seems to pause and then displays the HTML) At first I transformed the XML using ASP on the server-side, and then I tried to display the XML with a reference to XSL in the XML file, the pause was still there. Even though the loading took something like 4 seconds which may not sound very slow, but I was just wondering whether this time can be shortened and how to do that.

Thanx in advance! :)

Rosa

Hello Rosa,

without any code we can only guess. Normally MSXML is really fast, so there shouldn't be no 4s-pause. So there remain two questions: How big are the files (XML + XSLT)? And how optimized is the transformation? Maybe you can post parts of the code. The first suggestion of optimizing is always: replace '//' with more explicit XPath-expressions. Maybe it's an approach for optimization in your stylesheet too.

Joerg