Re: [xsl] speed of loading

Subject: Re: [xsl] speed of loading
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:06:59 -0600 (MDT)
J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Rosa Cheng wrote:
> > Can anyone please tell me why it takes a while for a transformed XML
>  > to load on the IE6 browser? (the browser seems to pause and then
>  > displays the HTML)

Do you have a lot of data in your output, and does your output HTML enclose
everything in a very large table? Large bounding tables normally can't be
rendered incrementally, because the columns would have to be resized
repeatedly as each row is loaded.

If this is what you're doing, then you might try adding the 'table-layout:
fixed' CSS property to the <table> element, so that it will decide on table
dimensions based on the dimensions of the cells in the first row, rather than
waiting until it has the entire table's worth of data loaded. Explicit widths
in your first row's td or col/colgroup elements can help with this.

   - Mike