Re: [xsl] The Future of Browser-Bound XML?

Subject: Re: [xsl] The Future of Browser-Bound XML?
From: "James Fuller" <james.fuller@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 17:38:40 +0100
> We're in a pretty interesting stage at the moment, when the various
> approaches coming from different directions, with different strengths, are
> moving side by side and butting up against each other. Throw SVG into an
FO
> formatter; throw FO or some kind of FO-lite into SVG? An HTML/CSS browser
> as a plugin to an SVG application (it'd be pretty cool if an SVG could
have
> an HTML/XML window in it)?

we are still in a major convergence period... which as you mention see all
sorts of overlap, different directions, etc... possibly representing a
particular direction or requirement;

and then when everything has converged, we will diverge which will represent
once again problem domain dependent directions.

and this is one of the 2nd order beauties of xml, convergence and divergence
comes easier and is less costly,
I for one cant wait to see the XForm / SVG / XSLT / SOAP / FO / HTML / CSS /
RDF browser, what will we call it ? xsxsfhcr ?

cheers, jim fuller