Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Vertical Text Orientation

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO Vertical Text Orientation
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:58:22 +0500 (AMST)
> >>See reference-orientation property:
> >>http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#reference-orientation
> >

> > This property does not apply to table-cells.
>
> I am amazed. The property applies to all areas which generate
> a reference area (see URL above). Table cells generate reference
> areas:
>    The fo:table-cell formatting object generates one or more
>    normal reference-areas.

Don't get amazed too much. The recommendation does not list
reference-orientation among properites of table-cell, and the
XSL FO Working Group has recently clarified that the list of
properties for an element has higher precedence than the list
of element for a property whenever a contradiction arises.
Such as life.

David Tolpin
RenderX