Re: [xsl] processing-instruction()

Subject: Re: [xsl] processing-instruction()
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:54:50 +0200
node() includes processing-instruction(), text(), elements, comment().

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath#NT-NodeType

The problem is (as David said) the priority of processing-instruction() and node() - it's the same. Therefore set it up to a high value for the pi-match.

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict

Regards,

Joerg

Jiang, Peiyun wrote:
Thanks, Joerg. I still have the PIs in the output with the following
Stylesheet. I do have the
specific matchings for the PIs. I'm using xalan. Are PIs in node()? My
impression from a book is that node() only matches elements.

Thanks.

Peiyun

<xsl:template match="/"> <equations>
<xsl:for-each select="//equation|//inlineequation" >
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()" />
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:for-each>
</equations> </xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="node()">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="node()" />
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('Eqn')">
<!-- do nothing now -->
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="processing-instruction('Pub')">
<!-- do nothing now, but want to keep -->

System Development
VIRBUS AG
Fon  +49(0)341-979-7419
Fax  +49(0)341-979-7409