RE: [xsl] Finding list items in XHTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Finding list items in XHTML
From: Chris Loschen <loschen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:19:49 -0500
At 06:49 PM 11/12/02, you wrote:
Chris: perhaps your templates don't match the <p> elements because of a
namespace? Does your input document have a default namespace? If so, you
should declare the namespace in your XSLT as well. Otherwise, your template
(below) should match, it seems to me.

Yes, indeed, that was the problem -- I had a default OEB namespace assigned in the DTD, and so XSLT wasn't finding the elements which were (invisibly) attached to that namespace. Thanks very much!

I now have that part of the transformation working great.

> <xsl:template match="p[starts-with(.,'&#10148; ')]">
> <li><xsl:apply-templates /></li>
> </xsl:template>

I had to do something very like this just yesterday, and it worked fine.

Note, though, that for your eBook to be valid, you'll also have to introduce
a parent <ul> element for these <li> elements. To do this, you need to
consider the GROUP of paras that start with &#10148; - there's information
about this in the FAQ.

Con

Yep, I'm working on this part of the problem now. Thanks for all your help, everybody!

--Chris

Texterity ~ XML and PDF ePublishing Services
Chris Loschen, XML Developer
Texterity, Inc.
144 Turnpike Road
Southborough, MA 01772 USA