Re: [xsl] Mozilla and the document() function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Mozilla and the document() function
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:06:19 +0100
I use Mozilla 1.1 and tested it with a file from Jeni's page. In the JavaScript console I see following error:

Security Error: Content at file:///D:/xml/test.xsl may not load data from http://www.jenitennison.com/xslt/index.xml.

Regards,

Joerg

Jeffrey Winter wrote:
Does Mozilla 1.x's implementation of the XSLT document() function work
with URLs?

I have been able to read in local files, e.g.:

<xsl:variable name="data" select="document('test.xml'))"/>

but if I try to read the same file through a web server it isn't able to read it:

  <xsl:variable name="data"
select="document('http://localhost/test.xml'))"/>

The Content-Type of the response from the web server is "text/xml".

This works fine with Xalan and MSXML for example.

Is there something I'm missing? Any insight on using document() to
access XML documents over URLs would be appreciated.

Thanks.