RE: [xsl] linking to and displaying xsl templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] linking to and displaying xsl templates
From: "Jesse Wiles" <jwiles@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:49:19 -0600
Hi Wendell,

 you wrote:
 "When one of your links is traversed, what document should load?"

I'd like the template referred to in the link to load when the "Orange"
link is traversed.

XML:
 <Source>
  <Orange enabled="true">
    <Seeds enabled="true" />
  </Orange>
  <Apple enabled="false">
    <Seeds enabled="false" />
  </Apple>
  <Pear enabled="true">
    <Seeds enabled="true" />
  </Pear>
  <Grapes enabled="true">
    <Seeds enabled="false" />
  </Grapes>
 </Source>
XSL:
  <xsl:template match="/">
    <head>
     <title>Your settings</title>
    </head>
  </xsl:template>

<!-- Begin 2nd level node rules -->
  <xsl:template match="Orange">
    <head>
     <title>My Orange settings</title>
    </head>
    <h2>These are the Orange settings:</h2>
     <b>Enabled?</b>
      <xsl:choose>
       <xsl:when test="@enabled='true'">
       </xsl:when>
       <xsl:when test="@enabled='false'">
       </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
      </xsl:otherwise>
     </xsl:choose>
      <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:template>

<!-- Apple, Pear, and Grapes nodes would have similar formatting, with
each 2nd level template match, producing a well-formed XHTML page.-->

So, can I pass a template parameter to the XSL engine in either Mozilla
or Internet Explorer through an ordinary html <a href>, or in any other
way?  I've looked at XLink and XPointer, but can't seem to make these
work for this problem using the XSL engines in these browsers.

Thanks.

Jesse Wiles