Re: [xsl] N : M transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] N : M transformation
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:49:39 +0100
Daniel Veillard wrote:

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:55:09PM +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:

This is exactly the kind of endless detection and workaround code I'm happy to not have to write:

Then stick to the spec.

I am. (for now, to a draft spec, then, to a rec spec)

And chunk your output with an external tool
in the meantime.

I see no reason for doing this.

Any of the methods I used worked fine enough as temporary workarounds, so there's no need for a non-XSLT tool.
I used
* processor specific extensions
* XSLT 1.1 draft syntax
Before resorting to a non-XSLT tool, I'd use
* XSLT 2.0 draft syntax
or
* feature detection, including procesor-specific syntax and
EXSLT syntax

Asking for something with is non-standard is your
problem, I think that's relatively clear.

I don't really have a problem more than anyone else currently using XSLT for multi-document output. There are various non-standard methods (listed above), all do their job, but can be discussed in a thread such as this here.

And multi-document will most likely be "standard" (part of a rec) in the future.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/