Re: [xsl] N : M transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] N : M transformation
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 00:10:58 +0100
On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 10:19:23PM +0000, David Carlisle wrote:
> > The dependancy on W3C XML Schemas makes it very very unlikely for me.
>
> You don't want to implement it, and I don't particularly want to use it
> (for the same reasons).  It's a shame as it would have been nice to have
> standard multiple output, the demise of result-tree fragments and regexp
> support. (in fact just those three and nothing else would have been
> worth specifying an xslt2 for, XSLT2 (and especially Xpath2) is mainly
> just depressing reading after those much anticipated highlights.

  heh, don't get depressed !
First until XSLT-2.0 is complete one should not "discard" it, maybe
providing more feedback is needed. In the meantime EXSLT is one way to
label those "common" extensions. I understand that Michael want to focuse
on XSLT-2 development. Maybe someone can simply write the patch needed
to get Saxon to implement exslt:document, based on the existing Saxon
extension (which I implemented too) this should not be too hard. Having
EXSLT widely deployed will give the XSL group the time to finish XSLT-2
and XPath-2.

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/