[xsl] Saxon is adding line breaks

Subject: [xsl] Saxon is adding line breaks
From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 11:13:17 -0700
Hi all,

I'm sorry if this issue has already been addressed here.  But Saxon is
adding line breaks in the middle of text for no apparent reason.  Is there
a way to turn this off?

Here's an example of the source and result elements.  (It's from a French
document.):

source:
<title>Introduction aux applications Marketing du système de gestion des
relations avec la clientèle de PeopleSoft</title>

result:
<title>Introduction aux applications Marketing du syst&#xe8;me de gestion
des relations avec la client&#xe8;le de PeopleSoft</title>

Before writing the new title, I run a normalize-space() on the title text.
I can't imagine this is causing the problem.  (And, no, my text editor is
not adding the breaks ;-)

Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks.

Mark Fletcher