RE: [xsl] Saxon is adding line breaks

Subject: RE: [xsl] Saxon is adding line breaks
From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:35:02 -0700
Thanks, Brian.  I'm using the xml output method with utf-8 encoding.  Also,
I'm outputting in 'standalone' mode (no DTD specified).  My Saxon version
is 6.5.2.

How long a line of text did you try?  Did you use my example text (which,
by the way was wrapped by email--the source text really is unwrapped)?

Mark Fletcher
PeopleSoft Language Engineering
925.694.3753
mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Martinez, Brian"
                      <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       "'xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
                      m>                                 <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  RE: [xsl] Saxon is adding line breaks
                      rrytech.com

                      04/09/2003 02:04 PM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

The only way I could reproduce this problem on Saxon 6.5.2 (or on MSXML 3)
was to use text output without specifying an encoding, or specifying utf-8.
Support for different encoding formats for text output are
implementation-dependent, and it's likely only a narrow set (like ISO
8859-1) is supported.

Setting the encoding to iso-8859-1 (or specifying XML output) fixed the
problem, but that may not be the appropriate solution for all locales.

cheers,
b.

| brian martinez                           brian.martinez@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| lead gui programmer                                    303.708.7248 |
| cheap tickets, part of trip network                fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| cendant travel distribution services   http://www.cheaptickets.com/ |